I just experienced it and so can you! In this post I will describe the pros and cons of a cruise and even some unspoken, but truly helpful tips, just for reading! #viewfrommybalconysuite
- Someone will clean up your kids or even you, regardless of your age (once in the morning and once before bed). So have a wild night in your room and it’ll be okay! Just remember to be kind of quiet so your neighbors who aren’t as cool can still relax in their room. :) #quietpartyinroom8196
- It typically costs less than $800/$1000 to have fun on a cruise, which can be up to a thousand dollars cheaper than flying to Europe.
- You will not have to worry about food, which is all inclusive, that can range from fast food to three-star fine dining on the daily.
- If you care about your cardio, you can workout (treadmills, weights, and weight machines) every day.
- There is a casino incase you have lots of money you would like to gamble away or make into an investment. #goodluck
- There are many single people events (i.e. even LGBT events!)
- Try new things (mini golf, comedy shows, karaoke, towel folding lessons, jewelry shopping, and even arts and crafts).
- Constant professional photographers will be all around you to make your time there a memorable one.
- Every photo bought is over $15.00. You’ll like at least 4-10 photos.
- You might get sea sick. I was the first day- but that is because we passed a storm. [[TIP: Patches behind the ear that last 3 days helped!]]
- It takes a long time to get to your room- up to an hour and a half- so get there early for check-in! [[FUN FACT: If you’re very old over 75+ or handicap, then it only takes 30 minutes.]]
- Toys to play with in the water are really expensive. [[TIP: Bring your own floating devices]]
- Might get sunburned. [[TIP: Sunscreen of at least SPF 45/50.]]
- Expensive souvenirs. [[TIP: Buy from the locals if possible. Some bargaining is okay.]]
- Some ports only have a beach, and if you do not like to tan, or lay in beaches, that could be an issue. [[FORTUNATELY: Good thing you came on a ship and can hangout there.]]
- You only get about 5-6 hours off the ship per day on land. If you prefer to relax somewhere for longer, or a quiet place to yourself, you might want to just fly to an island in the Caribbean and rent out a house. [[TIP: If you like huts, and just some time to yourself, you can rent mini houses along certain beaches for a few hundred dollars! Just remember to book in advance.]]
For further details of MY FIRST CRUISE TRIP, visit my Travel blog:
Day 1: Check-in (Photos of my room, food, and more!).
Day 2 & 3: Sea days.
Day 4: Grand Turk/ Turks and Caicos.
Day 5: Half Moon Cay.
Day 6: Nassau.
Day 7. Last sea day.
Day 8. Check out.
LIKE THIS POST!
And any more questions, feel free to reach out to me!
For other travel insights (i.e. backpacking across Europe) feel feel to visit my travel blog at: https://travelwithcharismatticcherie.wordpress.com/
Charismatic C. :)